- We want to focus more emphasis on 'show and tell' at each meeting.
- Service projects - We'd like to do some fundraising and will form a committee to organize.
- We brainstormed ideas on recruiting more members:
- hang out at local quilt shops
- host or participate in a quilt exhibit (organize a committee to research local quilt competitions or places to hold an exhibition)
- tap into artsy East Nashville community
- check into getting a booth at a farmer's market
- check out local fairs
- post project pictures on Flickr and get discussions going online
- keep blog alive with current things
- add member blog links to guild blog and vice versa
- host linky parties
- find out about Franklin Art Crawl
- We signed up for committees.
Block of the Month by Royce
Royce is 'into' improvisational piecing and she's good at it! She loves it because you don't have to worry about 1/4-inch seam allowances or lining anything up. The whole point is to not think about it and let the fabric 'speak' to you.
here for her instructions for this improvisational block.