The Holiday Party will be held on December 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM.
- As it gets closer, there will be a signup for sweet and savory finger foods.
- Dirty Santa Swap - Bring wrapped gifts: one yard or two 1/2 yards of fabric, or a charm pack.
- Swap Exchange - If you participated in the swap, make sure to bring your creations for the big reveal!
We brainstormed ideas for our 2014 meetings. We will continue meeting at the First Presbyterian Church, but will look into renting a smaller room. Here are our tentative program ideas for 2014:
- January - Charity Sew
- February - Hand Piecing Class by Linda
- March - Free Motion Quilting Class
- April - Volunteer at SewDown Nashville or go to Paducah
- May - Paper Piecing by Kathy
- June - Hand Quilting by Linda
- July - Binding Techniques
- August - Dyeing Your Own Fabrics by Jayne
- September - Upper Cumberland Quilt Festival?
- October - Planning for 2015
- November - Elections
- December - Holiday Party
BLOCK OF THE MONTH
Chelley shared her raw-edge applique block with us. She cleverly cut out shapes that echoed the large-print fabric in this collection (not shown here) and appliqued them over the heart with artistic flair.
SHOW AND TELL
Chelley has been cranking out loads of these pillowcases with crocheted edges. We were glad we finally got to see some in person.
Each month Jayne brings a finished quilt or two, each made from her hand-dyed fabrics. This quilt reminds her of a city sunset and the little gray patches conjure up images of city sidewalks. We're hoping to find a way to learn how she dyes her fabrics at our August 2014 meeting. We're sure it will be fun and messy!
Here's a great blend of traditional blocks made with modern batiks. Linda is making this quilt for her aunt. Here challenge was to find batiks that didn't have blue in them - her aunt doesn't like the color blue. We're sure that Linda's aunt will love cuddling up in this, knowing all the thought and effort that went into making it.
Here's another amazing quilt by Stefanie. She participated in the Moda Mystery Block of the Month. She warned us that while it was mysterious and fun, it also got very pricey.