We had a great turn out for our paper piecing workshop in February. A special thanks goes to Debby, Jayne, Elizabeth, Libby, and Maria for leading the workshop. Many new and awesome paper piecing tips were learned!
The Brentwood library provided a great room for our meeting. Thanks goes to Kim for arranging it for us.
Enjoy some photos from our show and tell!
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Saturday, February 11, 2017
February 18th Meeting
We will be at the Brentwood Library in Meeting Room A. The library is close to I-65 (Concord Road exit). Address: 8109 CONCORD ROAD, BRENTWOOD, TN 37027.
Two Patterns/Two Methods
Debby, Jayne, Elizabeth, and Libby will teach two methods of paper piecing: one with freezer paper (the square in a square block) and one without (circle of geese). We will have time for you to try each method. Both are free patterns. We will have printed templates for everyone at the workshop.
- Square in a square block, which is great for fussy cutting. https://wombatquilts.com/…/square-in-square-fun-wip-wednes…/
- Circle of Geese by Piece by Number on Craftsy. https://www.craftsy.com/…/circle-of-geese-paper-piec…/137735
- Fabric – take a look at the two patterns and decide what would be fun.
- Normal sewing supplies (e.g. machine, thread, pins)
- Quarter inch ruler: A small regular ruler works if you don’t have a quarter inch ruler
- Thin index card type paper (e.g., index card, post card, cardboard from charm packs, file folder cut into quarters)
- Glue stick
- Wooden roller or small iron for pressing seams
- Small cutting board/ironing mat
We hope to see you at the Brentwood Library on Saturday, Feb. 18th!