MCMQG Board of Directors Annual Meeting
- Treasurer Report
- Katie reported that the guild currently has approximately $1500 in the bank.
2. New MQG schedule
- MQG has increased dues by 20%. Currently the MCMQG dues are $45. It was decided that dues for 2019 will remain $45 with the guild absorbing the extra fees to the MQG. The board may re-visit this issue for the 2020 dues.
3. Social Media/potential website update
- The need to replace Facebook as the main form of communication within the guild was discussed. Spokt has been proposed as a good alternative and Bridgette will bring a sample for demonstration to the June meeting. Maria will look into another alternative. The board will re-visit when more information is available.
- Emily has generously offered to create a new website for the guild. The price of the website is $250 for 3 years and there will be a $60 one time fee for a Wordpress template. The board voted to approve the expenses. The domain name will be MCMQG.com if it is available. Emily will also design a new logo for the guild. The current plan is for the website to be finished by early fall 2018.
- The current bylaws were reviewed. The board is proposing changes to four bylaws. Please review the proposed changes in a separate google sheet and be prepared to vote on them electronically
5. 2018 Plan Review
a. June - Fidget quilts
b. July - Open sew and destash garage sale
c. Aug - Shop Hop to Paducah
Look for sign ups for car-pooling and museum/store options
d. Sept - Kelly Young lecture and class
The fee for members attending the class is $40 (includes book)
The trunk show will be free for members
The fee for non-members is $60 class and trunk show (includes book)
Business and Show & Tell will take place prior to Kelly’s lecture (10-11 a.m.)
e. Oct - Election and Annual Planning/open sew
f. Nov - Class on reverse appliqué by Jane Ewald
g. Dec - Party and Secret Santa
Stefanie will send out Secret Santa sign ups in July
6. Feb. 2019 Quiltcon
a. Charity quilt MQG
Debby registered the guild and Jayne Willis will design the quilt. The guild will
purchase the fabric.
b. Knox/Chatt quilts of TN exhibit
The Knoxville and Chattanooga MQG’s are going to be designing their Quiltcon
Charity quilt based on the book “The Quilts of Tennessee: Images of Domestic
Life Prior to 1930” by Merikay Waldvogel and Bets Ramsey (2 local quilt
authors). The quilts will be displayed together in a special exhibit along with
the book. The board voted to join the other guilds in this exhibit.
c. Space for MCMQG exhibit
Katie has been in touch with a new downtown Nashville shop owner who may
be willing to let us exhibit quilts from our guild members during Quiltcon. She
will update us as she gets more information.
7. Speakers 2019
- It was proposed that we have local speakers in 2019 due to Quiltcon.
8. Retreat 2019
- It was proposed that we have a retreat in January 2019 and 2020. Stefanie will send out a poll to gauge interest in a January 2019 retreat.
- Three new committees were created:
- Charity committee - Emily will direct with Evelyn helping
- Classes committee - Maria will direct with Katie H. helping
- Retreat/Swaps committee - Stefanie will direct with Lee Ann helping