Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June 18th Meeting Update

We have been planning on making pillowcases for Ronald McDonald house, however in the wake of this past weekend's events in Orlando, it seems a large number of the guild agrees that making heart blocks for the Orlando MQG's drive is taking precedence.  If you are unaware of this, here is the Orlando guild's blog post addressing their request.  I've got some instructions printed out for the construction of these blocks, as we'll be making the 10" versions.  The Orlando guild has asked for hearts of any color with a low volume background.  Here is a link to directions on how to make these blocks in case you want to make some on your own.  We have plenty of "heart" fabric in our guild's fabrics, however we don't have much in the way of low volumes.  If you'd like to participate in this little block drive this Saturday, please plan on bringing a low volume/ off white/ white fabric to use for the background.  Also, if you happened to want to bring some of your own fabric to use for hearts feel free. 

We'll still have some show and tell, some giveaways, as well as some "not sewing" jobs.  I know I cannot personally bring my machine this week because I don't have the room. However I'll bring my iron and ironing boards (standard and mini) as well as a cutting mat.  I'll put a sign up poll on the facebook group for any other things we'll need. (another iron, cutting mats, etc)

I can collect these blocks as well as Melinda, and we'll get them shipped off to Orlando.  If you can't make it to the meeting leave a comment and we can coordinate how to collect blocks.

No comments: