We have some decisions to make. The original Modern Quilt Guild (MQG) is going international. Here's how it would affect us to join them:
- We would be able to keep our current guild name, otherwise we'd have to remove the 'modern' from our name.
- We would qualify for 501 (c) (3) status through them.
- They would provide us with a website and we would be linked to all the modern guilds via their website and social media.
- We would have to pay annual dues to them, of approximately $15/member, which would increase your total dues to approximately $40/year.
- We have already adopted official Bylaws and Standing Rules, and have the required EIN. Our bylaws would need some minor revisions to meet the MQG criteria.
June 21 - volunteer in the sewing room at Thistle Farms, contact Kathy for more information.
July 20 - monthly meeting, Lindsay will be telling us about her book that will be coming out soon!
April 11, 2014 - MQG SewDown here in Nashville!
Block of the Month
Lynette shared her snowball block. Go here for more information.
Show and Tell
Mary's fusion blanket.
Castle Stairs pattern, designed by 'our' own Kelly from Kelby Sews.
Lindsay, 'our' soon-to-be published author, whipped up this modern mini. She's working on submitting the pattern for publication.
Modern Yardage, 'a new digital textile fabric manufacturer...dedicated to bringing fresh, contemporary, fun fabrics to the modern sewist'. She's planning on making a baby blanket.
Pillow Talk Swap.