Saturday, July 21
Barr Conference Room
First Presbyterian Church
101 Legends Club Lane
Franklin, TN 37069
10:00 - Meeting
11:00 - Luncheon (Mexican Theme Potluck)
12:00 - Workshop ($10 class fee)
3:00 - Clean-Up
Let us know you'll be there using the form below. Please read on for more information on the workshop.
SQUARE IN A SQUARE TECHNIQUE WORKSHOP
Instructor: Kay Roberts
This is a technique class based on the Square in a Square® piecing technique. This method is created by sewing strips to squares and using the technique ruler to do the trimming to make it look like we cut triangles. We do not cut triangles! There are several options to the technique. You will be amazed at how versatile the SnS® technique can be. We will be making Options 1-9 and learn to use the ruler to get the effects we want from the options. I want to help you to achieve understanding and knowledge that can be put to use in using this method of quilting. This is “the way quilting was meant to be,” fast, fun and fabulous! Come and have fun!
Fabric and Cutting Supply List: - Pre-cut prior to workshop
10-3” light colored squares
8- 1 ¾” dark strips (selvage to selvage)
4 – 2 ¼” light strips (selvage to selvage)
2-3” dark strips
Bring extra fabric in case we need to cut more strips. The strips don’t all have to be the same fabric, just have lights and darks. You can use shorter strips but bring enough to meet the fabric requirement.
General Class Supplies
1. Sewing Machine-in good working order, new needle, ¼” foot
2. Thread and bobbins
3. Fabric for class project
4. 6” x 12” ruler
5. Rotary cutter – new blade and cutting mat
6. Glue Stick – 12 sheets plain white paper
7. General sewing supplies
8. All other necessary items to insure your comfort
9. *Square in a Square® ruler and any of the Square in a Square® books, particularly The Advancing on II book.
10. Cost of books and rulers: Rulers - $29.95;Advancing On II book-$29.95
• I will be bringing several rulers for you to use during the workshop, I want you to try this technique to see if you like it before you commit to buying the ruler.
• Square in a Square® rulers and books will be available to purchase at the workshop.
I will be showing quilts using the Square in a Square® technique. Come and have fun and enjoy learning a new technique and Never Cut Another Triangle!