Tuesday, June 9, 2015

JOIN US JUNE 20 TO SEW PILLOWCASES FOR THE RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE!

Please mark your calendars for JUNE 20 at 10am for our Community Service Sew. Can you come? I can't wait. I've never sewn a pillow case before, but I trust it will be easy peasy. Guests are welcome -- this is a great opportunity to get to know the guild while sewing for a great local cause. I'm told this is a great project for even a beginner sewist, so let any excuses keep you from joining us this month!
Our Community Service Sews are loads of fun. The guild will provide lunch and we have door prizes, to include -- WHAT?! -- a $50 gift card to Cotton Bliss, as well as a swag bag from Quilt Con. I just won a great new book that I am bringing to share, and I know there will be a few more items up for grabs.
We will be sewing up lots of darling fabric donated by Riley Blake Designs. I know the CommServ committee has selected some great complementary pairings for our pillowcases and will teach us all we need to know about the construction method we'll use. 
If you'll be there at 10 or just before, I'll give any announcements while you set up, and then we'll shoot for the tutorial promptly at 10:15 . Please bring an extension cord/surge protector if you have one readily available. I hope to have a good crowd so we can send lots of pillowcases to the Ronald McDonald house!

No comments: