We briefly went over the next couple of meetings, which are as follows:
- June 20 - Community Service Sew, we're sewing up some pillow cases for the Ronald McDonald house. These are always lots of fun, everyone working collectively on a big project. There will be some door prizes, and if you have any additional door prizes you want to throw in, the more the merrier!
- July 18 - Shop hop! We're making a caravan of a few vehicles and going around to some shops in the area.
- August 15 - Open sew! Feel free to bring along any kind of sewing and hang out and sew the day away.
- September 19 - Upper Cumberland Quilt Festival in Algood, TN
- October 17 - Planning for 2016
- November 21 - Elections and Community Service Sew
- December 12 - Holiday Party (Second Saturday in December)
Here's a look at some of the show and tell, as well as some of the projects brought to be worked on from Saturday:
|Julie visited with us and brought a quilt she finished recently for her youngest child.|
|Julie also brought a swap item she's been working on.|
|Julie has also been helping out with the Log Cabins of Donald Judd project by Luke Hayes|
|Callie brought in a "hash tag" quilt (and her adorable son!)|
|Callie also brought in a nice chevron quilt (quilted by Vickey).|
|Callie showed off a jellyroll race quilt from a previous meeting that's closer to being finished up for a niece.|
|(Back of the jellyroll race quilt, which looks like tire marks haha!)|
|Laura was also visiting with us and had lots of small items she's made including mini wall hangs, some pouches, and this adorable tiki man head she made from drawing three colors out of a bag and having to make something with them.|
|Laura also showed off this lovely tote bag.|
|Stefanie showed off this snugly quilt that has been in her family for many years. it's light weight and hand stitched and in pretty great condition considering the use it's seen.|
|Close up and the backing for Stefanie's quilt|
|Trudy brought in some very sweet and simple quilts including this one she has use the chenille technique on. This has not been washed yet, and she brought it so we could see the "before" of this method.|
|Close up and backing of Trudy's quilt|
|Another very sweet baby quilt made by Trudy with cute little puppies!|
|Jayne brought in this recently quilted by Vickey on her long arm machine that was started by her daughter, Brittney and finished up by Jayne.|
|Back and close up on quilting|
|Jayne also mesmerized us with her optical illusion quilt|
|Back, the quilting also made the back look a little illusion-y|
|Jennifer is finishing up the border on Dolly! We all love seeing her coming along, even though we hear she may be going under the knife soon! ;) Since Jennifer is hand appliqueing this quilt, this was her project to work on for this meeting.|
|Melissa showed off her beautiful place mat she made using last month's improv curves and perfect binding class!|
|Back to Melissa's place mat|
|Melissa is part of a block of the month, where this month's block is a Lego man's head!|
Looking forward to seeing everyone next month!